Friday, March 27, 2009

I did not know this... (Inside BP blogging)

I just noticed tonight that I can add "Labels" that identify and categorise my blog posts. For some reason I was under the impression that I couldn't do that. I wonder if this is something I missed right from the start or if this is something that got added later that I just never noticed.

Man do I feel stupid. I think I am going to make a project of putting labels on all my posts in the past. If I do several a day, then I should have all posts done by sometime next winter.

Update: I also have just got around to doing something about my archives. While I didn't find a way to put in the archive format I wanted. I did discover the code that is available to have your archives come in a drop box that takes up almost no space on the sidebar. I elected to keep the old long archive list at the bottom of the right sidebar and put a couple of the archive drop boxes in the sidebar so when I want to hunt the archives a box and therefore search is handy.

1 comment:

Fish Whisperer said...

Hate to be the first to break the news, but it has always been there. If you do label/tag all of your posts then get the code for a good tag cloud and searching becomes a breeze. I have been labeling from the start and just recently blogger offered a good tag cloud.
Cheers