give them a look.
Monday, March 08, 2021
Sunday, March 07, 2021
Saturday, March 06, 2021
Friday, March 05, 2021
Thursday, March 04, 2021
The first tournament of the year starts today at the Harris Chain. It would be so cool to see a Snatcher make the Elites. There is no doubt in my mind Keith is that good. Good Luck Keith!
Wednesday, March 03, 2021
I predict the ice will be off Platte Lake on April 13th, 2021
Tuesday, March 02, 2021
Not today obviously. Other than where the cars sit there is no bear dry ground. I think we have about a 4-inch base layer over most of the driveway right now. I don't think it will get quite warm enough to turn it to slush until Thursday. A lot of melting this week. Pretty sure it will be ice-free by next Wednesday.
Monday, March 01, 2021
2. Fish with Mike Thompson
3. Fish with Jim Bonin
4. Fish with Mike "Spike" Miller
5. Fish with Jeff and Renee
6. Fish with Todd, Isabelle, and Mallory
7. Fish with Kane Phongsavat
8. Fish with Jaimen Abrahamson
9. Fish with Dave Lindmark
10. Fish with Steve and Devin
11. Take Corey Hicks frog fishing.
12. Fish with Jamar at Eddy's
13. Fish with Eric Aske
14. Fish with Pete
15. Fish With Josh Abrahamson & Ashley Just
Dream Fishing Buddies:
1. Fish with Josh Douglas
2. Fish with Al Lindner
3. Fish With Nattie Up North
Bass Snatcher Goals: (Same Goals as 2020)
2. Get "Wood" in at least one tournament. (1st-3rd Place Finish or Lunker or Co-Angler Challenge)
4. Get paired with Chuck Fields. (He usually only fishes a couple of tournaments a year so chances of it ever happening are not very good. I may look into bribing Dennis)
5. Finish in the Top 10 at the end of the year.
6. Catch a limit at every tournament of the year. (I've done this twice, but in 2012 I only fished 4 out of the 6 tournaments due to a bad back.)
7. Pre-fish with at least 3 boaters.
8. List the Rods I'm bringing for each tournament before the tournament.
9. Win the Co-Angler Challenge at least twice
10. Make the Challenge Cup Team
Technique & Tackle Goals:
1. Win something in Fantasy Fishing or Facebook giveaways/contests.
2. Officially Open the Tackle Warehouse this year.
3. Catch Fish On 100 different Lures (94 Lures in 2020)
4. Catch 25 fish on a Frenzy Popper
5. Catch 25 fish on a Stanley Phantom
- Bobby's Perfect
- Ish's Poppin
- Snag Proof Kicker
- Snag Proof Moss Master
- Snag Proof Bleedin'
- Terminator Jr.
- Terminator Popper
- Teckel Sprinker
- Teckel Whacker
- Spro Big Daddy
- Spro Bronzeye
- Spro Popper
- Spro Sprinker KO
- Spro Shad Sprinker KO
- R2S Bully Wa
- R2S Bully Wa 2
- TT Mad Max
- LiveTarget Frog
- Booyah Pad Crasher
- Booyah Toad Runner
- BD Frog
- BD Frog (big)
- Evergreen Soft Shell
- Blitz Frog
- Sumo Frog
1. Blog about anytime I reach a goal.
2. Record all fishing trips at Fish Swami
3. Fish at least 200 days and blog about them
1. Catch* 4,000 Fish (3,051 caught in 2020)
2. Average 5 fish caught per hour. (3.92 in 2020, 4.40 in 2019, 4.07 in 2018, 3.99 in 2017, 4.08 in 2016, 3.62 in 2015, 3.55 in 2014, 4.41 in 2013, 4.31 in 2012, 2.77 in 2011)
3. Have a 100 fish day.
5. Catch A Fish Every Month
2. Catch* over 600 this year. (Caught 217 in 2020)
1. Win my 3rd Minnesota Bowfin Club Grand Championship
2. Catch an MN State Record fish. (11-4 or 35" x 20")
3. Catch a new personal best.
4. Get the Minnesota Bowfin Club Grand Championship stuff done in a timely manner this year.
1. Catch* over 1,000 this year. (Caught 927 in 2020)
2. Catch a 38" or over/personal best.
1. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Largemouth (6.5lbs/21" PB)
2. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Smallmouth (20.5" PB)
3. Catch* over 1,500 bass this year. (Caught 1,293 in 2020)
4. Catch* at least 25 smallies. (I caught 4 last year)
5. Catch a 25lb 6 Fish Bag
6. Have a 50 bass day
8. Catch 5 bass over 5lbs/20-inches
10. Get Steve and Todd at least one 4lber
1. Catch at least 100. (Caught 202 in 2020)
2. Catch 30"/10lber or new personal best. (28.5 is PB)
* Catch is anything I deem it to be including follows by pike or smallmouth (while pre-fishing), a pike missing my lure, fish viewed on the Aqua View, and fish that get off before I have them in hand that I can positively identify. And fish caught by people I am guiding or boater during pre-fish.
A goal that I reached is in bold.
New for 2021 in italics.
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Catch 5 bass over 5lbs/20-inches
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
I went with 3 blue-chippers in their respective buckets: Palanuik, Wendlandt, and Auten. Switched out Scott Martin for Card when I saw Brandon's low ownership percentage. Card is originally from the Knoxville area. Just have a feeling about Benton. My feelings got hurt picking Koby Kreiger at St. Johns.
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
One of my new goals for 2021 is to catch a fish in every month of the year. I didn't wet a line in January or February in 2020. I didn't catch a fish in four months of 2019. I didn't catch a fish in April of 2018. So 2017 was the last time I caught a fish in all 12 months.
Monday, February 22, 2021
Under Technique & Tackle Goals I plan on adding 7 new goals for 2021. Among them are catching fish on at least 100 different lures, catching at least 25 fish on a Berkley Frenzy Popper, and catching a bass deep cranking on Sullivan Lake.
I have only caught fish on a hundred different lures once in my life; That was in 2017. Every year since 2017 I have caught fish on 90 something different lures. I don't know how many different lures I own, but it's got to be north of 250. I've got at least 30 different hollow body frogs. If I've got 'em I might as well use 'em. The Berkley Frenzy Popper is a lure that fell out of favor with me because it doesn't cast as far as some others and deep cranking fell off my radar after moving north. I think I've tried it only once or twice unsuccessfully on Sullivan.
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Thursday, February 18, 2021
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
|Ice is 20+|
|8.5" Glow Demon/Minnow|