Friday, June 18, 2010

Last Night Don's Dock Dogfish & My Experiment

Pete and I went to fish at Don W's after the days thunderstorms had moved through. My mission was simple. Try to catch a few fish on the Northland Tackle Jungle Jig Loc Jig. I had just bought these jigs at Reeds, to see how they would work with bass tubes.

The first fish of the night was this dogfish caught by Don


A little while later I felt a fish pick up the tube and set the hook into a 11 inch bass. About 15 minutes later I got another bite and caught a 13.5" bass. About 15 minutes after that I got another bite and caught this 14" bass.

I did get one more hit, but the fish jumped and threw the jig after I set the hook. 3 for 4 with fish on the jig made me happy.

Pete and Don did catch a few mostly small sunfish. Don was trying more for crappies or he might have caught more fish.

No comments: