Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In the Mail- From OBN

Up pulled the Fed Ex Man, after the surprise on Monday, I remembered that I had a package coming from the Outdoor Blogger Network for a product review.

You may recall that the product is a foursome of the new Berkley Havoc Baits (Ike's Devil Spear, Klein's The Deuce (double tail grub), Skeet's Pit Boss, and B. Lane's Craw Fatty.

First impressions: The Devil Spear is an impressive piece of plastic, The Deuce not so much. The Pit Boss and Craw Fatty are kind of similar to one another; I think I'm going to have to do some reading about how they were designed to be used differently from one another. I noticed that Pit Boss's had slightly different head shapes from one another while the Craw Fatty's are much more uniform from one bait to the next.

I have decided I will review each bait separately. Look for those reviews to start sometime after the MN fishing Opener May 14th.

No comments: