Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ice Out By Easter Update #4

Minnesota Climatology has added a new map (Google Map). It's a step up in terms of showing all the lakes they track, but visually I don't think it looks as nice as the other one. Right now the other one's page isn't working so I can't get a screen capture.

Anyway as of April 13th here are the new lakes I haven't mentioned yet.
Shaokatan (Lincoln)out 4-13
Waconia (Carver)out 4-13
White Bear (Ramsey)out 4-13
Peltier (Anoka)out 4-12
Prior (Scott)out 4-11
Dutch (Hennepin)out 4-10
Bald Eagle (Ramsey)out 4-13
Forest #3 (Washington)out 4-12
Gervias (Ramsey)out 4-11
Carrie Lake(Kandiyohi)out 4-12
Pearl(Stearns)out 4-13

The farthest North of these lakes is Pearl in Stearns which is located about 10 miles South of St. Cloud.

It wouldn't surprise me if Platte and my other area lakes are out this weekend, but I could also see it taking a few days longer. The ice will definitely be gone by Easter. If I had to pick a date for Platte, I'd say the Mon the 18th at this point.

No comments: