Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mend-It Monday

I spent part of my afternoon trying to repair plastic baits with Mend-It glue in the garage. When working with Mend-It you need to be in a well ventilated area and the garage with the door open to the East wind was certainly that. It was on the cool side which didn't help matters because Mend-It cures more slowly in the cold than when it's warm.

My verdict: Mend-It is fabulous for Snagproof Frogs, this is where the bottle paid for itself. I was not as impressed working with Zoom Trick Worms and Zoom Super Flukes but it did save otherwise worthless baits and I had about 6 bags worth. I used it on 4 Cubby Mini-Mite bodies and it seemed to work well. The only thing that I used it on that I actually tried out was some green Power Grubs. The Mend-It glue made unusuable baits usable again, but they were not tough as new and it only took a few fish to put them in need of repair again. Tomorrow I will put Mend-It to my collection of worthless Zoom Horny Toads.

Fishing Report: I arrived at the GOMH at about a quarter to 7pm and it was cloudy cool/cold and windy out of the NE. I started fishing into the wind on the NE side and right away I got a nice toothy bullhead on the "lost jig." The fish bit on pretty much the exact place where I caught my first Pike yesterday and it was about the same size, so it could have been the same fish. Willard was more than willing to take it and so the days of that Pike attempting to steal lures is over. That was all the action I got on the NE side so I switched to the SE and SW shores where it was more wind protected. The wind really died down about 8pm. On the south side I went through 33 jumpin bullheads before I landed another nice 23" toothy bullhead which Willard was glad to have. I caught 9 more jumpin bullheads before I tried for silver bullheads for about 10 minutes than called it a night around 9:30pm.

I caught most of the fish on the "lost jig", with about 10 jumpers coming on a white Booyah Spinnerbait, and maybe 2 jumpers coming on the white OutKast swim jig.

No comments: