Saturday, May 10, 2008

Friggen Great, Skunked on Opener

It's about 3AM and Lila was bugging me to go out so I took Lila and Patti out. Patti barked at something then went down by the big pine tree, then all of a sudden Patti growled and booked to South breaking the wire on the running chain. I was like what in the world is up. Then all of a sudden I saw a skunk chasing Patti. I yelled for Patti and got the two dogs in the garage ASAP, but not before Patti must have gotten sprayed. Fortunately Lilah missed the carnage and man it stinks around here. I am not sure if I got any skunk spray on me or not.

Unfortunately I think El Skunko's presence around here is due to the fact that we had a bunch of garbage piling up in the Pole Barn. Some critter, most likely El Skunko, was getting into the garbage. Dad got rid of the garbage a couple of days ago and now yesterday El Skunko made an appearance. El Skunko was in the garage for a while yesterday afternoon while I was out fishing. Dad didn't kill it then when he probably had the chance. Where is Rick "One Bullet" Recker when you need him?

This puts a whole new spin on getting skunked for the Fishing Opener.

No comments: