Wednesday, May 14, 2008

GOMH again.

Today was cool (mid to low 50's) and cloudy with a bit of wind out of the West. I hit the GOMH today about 4:30 PM and things proved to be much slower than yesterday. I lost a white Booyah Spinerbait when I backlashed and the line broke at the knot; Man did that lure sail. Today I got out my rattlebait box but did not have a whole lot of success with them. Jumpin bullheads took the rattlebaits on a straight retrieve rather than a ripping retieve. Lures I used today that were productive were rattlebaits, white spinnerbait, brown/char/white spinnerbait, green/brown/chart swim jig with green grub, #8 White X-Rap, #10 Orange/Chart X-Rap. I caught 27 or so jumpin bullheads but not a single pike or dogfish. I fished on both the SW and NE sides. I did get a 19.25 jumpin bullhead on the b/c/w spinnerbait on the SW side.


At about 8pm I switched up to a glow Cubby and minnow in the bullhead sweet spot and caught a jumpin bullhead right away. It was then a half an hour before I landed my first silver. The silver bite was slow but steady. There was this guy Scott Johnson fishing on the pallets and it seemed like we would get bit almost simaltaneously and then there would be 10 minutes of nothing before we would both get bit again. I ended up taking home 7 silver bullheads to clean and I think I threw 1 small one back and Scott had pretty much the same when I left.

No comments: