Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Life Of Sundays- The Waterboys

The sound isn't the greatest

Hold me before I go under
hear me before I drown
Sharpen your sense of wonder
listen to what I've found
Here we are again
two old lovers,two old friends...
Just when you need 'em
A devil was standing on my shoes
Somehow I know how to defeat him
since I tumbled into you
You taught me Love and Pain
and the unsung King of Ireland says the same thing...
Wherever you find it
The same thing
from the same old cause
I'm talking about the same thing
I cannot define it
The same thing
and it always was
It struck me sad and strange
- the only thing that ever stays the same is change...
And I dreamed I wandered
wayward as restless wave
spanning from here to yonder
most spectacularly saved
Dream and life entwined
The old day cracks and crumbles and it's fine...
To be in your company
Funny to be in your day
A miracle just to be with you
Glad to be going your way
Were these unfolding plans
designed or drawn by mortal hands ?
- Never !
...in a life of Sundays
would I have seen me here

Written: Galway December 1989/Spiddal January 1990
Appears: On "Room To Roam"

No comments: