Wednesday, January 19, 2011

B.A.S.S. Changes Angler of Year & Post-Season

B.A.S.S. has announced the Angler of the Year is going back to being just that, an award for the MVP of the regular tour season. They did not scrap the "Post-Season" however and are now calling it All-Star Week. A lucky bass fan will get to win a boat and there will be a play-off bracket style angler vs. angler format tournament for a winner takes all $100,000.

Full details here...

My initial impression, McKinnis and the boys took a negative got creative and hit a home run. Good Job B.A.S.S.!!!

Update: So far the responce I have seen has been positive except one person who thought the 9-12 Anglers are getting a raw deal. Honestly, I don't think so. It's called "All-Star Week" and I think it is good they are making room for fan favorites. I think they should let Zona and Mercer be on the ballot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the plan too. Little bit gimmicky but a lot better than the post-season they had. I am excited for the at large All-Stars!