Monday, March 29, 2010

GOMH 4/29/2010


As can be seen in this first picture open water has made a serious expansion on the South end of Platte Lake (Click on picture to enlarge to see where the ice starts). I would say there were pretty close to 4 football fields worth of open water. I am pretty sure at this point the whole Platte River Outlet area of Sullivan is now ice free. It got to 59°F today and was on the windy side. It is supposed to be about 10 degrees warmer tomorrow and even warmer on Wed. and Thur. It would not shock me at all if Platte is ice free by Saturday. Once again tonight I didn't catch any bullheads, but I'm thinking with all that open water in Platte warming up tomorrow and flowing into Sullivan that there is a pretty good chance of catching something tomorrow.

This picture is the view looking North from the Platte Lake public access. It almost looks like a boat launched and made a path out into the ice. In reality I think the main ice truck path completely melted down.

No comments: