Friday, March 12, 2010

Elite Series Cali Delta Day 2 (with Liveblogging)



I am watching Hooked Up with Zona and Sanders for the 1st time. It's pretty good. Wonder if anything is up at Bass Zone? (Ok apparently Wide Open starts at 9:05PM) As for Hooked UP, I have no clue why they don't archive it so it can be watched anytime.

Send congratulations to John Murray for making the cut here... John has to be feeling fortunate he only caught 3 fish for 5-12 today. That puts him 4 bass shy of his limit, yet he still made the cut in 43rd.

Unfortunately blogger Brent Chapman didn't make the cut.

Liveblogged:
The Weigh-In has now started.
The weights are up today.

Bradley Roy caught 12-8 for a total of 18-14 which I think will get him in the cut, but it might not. Quite a few people so far who were behind him yesterday did a leap frog.

Currently
Gary Klein is in the lead with 35-3
Scott Rook has big bag at 25-11
Greg Vinson has big bass with a 8-10

BAM: Stephen Browning sacked 23-9 for a 45-4 Total, Yes that is 10lbs on 2nd Place at the Moment.

Apparently Clark Reehm was late and will get a 2lb penalty. Won't matter much, he is well in the cut with 26-10.

John Crews moves into 2nd with 36-15

Ike pounds 25-12 to move into 2nd with 39-12.

Skeet caught 18-13 which moves him into 5th for now with 33-14. Hmmm how are my other Fantasy anglers doing.
Ish is on the cut bubble for sure with 19-4 total.
Rojas only caught 8-7 today but will make the cut with 20-1.
Aaron Martens is out of the cut with 16-14
Boom Boom Roumba laid an egg, no better than 84th.

Only a few left will Ish and Bradley Roy make the cut? I think Roy is screwed.

Unbelievable Tim Horton comes in with the Skunk and Roy gets the 50 spot. Ish in 49th. All Horton needed to bounce Roy was 3-11.

The weigh in is over.

Correction: apparently the cut spot is 49 not 50 so 19 year old rookie Bradley Roy was 1st man out. I'm confused Bassfan says the Top 50 make it and according to the Live Leaderboard Roy is #50

Update: Clarification from the Bass Zone, only the Top 47 anglers will fish Day 3. So that means my guy Ish is out also. I am assuming the fact that there are less Elite Series anglers than in years past is the reason for the change.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Murray blogs Day 1... John is in 16th place and did it on only 3 fish.



The Youngest Gun:This is Bradley Roy who is on the Elite Series at just 19 years old. His official website is a BLOG. I like this kid already. And guess what, he is keeping the blog up to date. GO READ IT!!!

If you are on Facebook I recommend you sign up on his Fan Page...

From what I have seen, Bradley seems like a fine kid and I wish him well. He has a shot at the cut because he is sitting in 47th Place with 3 for 6-6. That is a better day than Ish, A-Mart, Boom Boom, and Mark Tyler. I am thinking he is probably going to need to up his weight by about 10lbs to make the cut.

A-Mart: Apparently he has a leg injury that is drastically effecting his fishing. I think I read a comment on Facebook that said he looked like he was in a lot of pain from what could be seen on the Bass Cast Cam. I wish I had known this at this time yesterday, so I could have dropped him for KVD. Not that KVD is killing it, but I think an injured A-Mart is serious trouble. You just can't fish very well on one leg.

Update on A-Mart from Bassmaster.com: "The diagnosis: a possible tear in his right calf. Martens was given a stronger painkiller, and planned to ice and rest his injury as much as possible last night."

1 comment:

TBRINKS said...

Thanks for the link to Bradley's blog. I like it.