Monday, March 01, 2010

"And after Winter..."

Now that February is over, I will allow myself the luxury of thinking about Spring. In two weeks daylight savings time begins. Cool! Up here in Central Minnesocold I would say to this point the winter has been pretty average in terms of cold and snow. The Southern part of the state has seen quite a bit more snow than we have. It is really going to come down to what happens here in March and into April that will determine how soon I get to fish in open water. Since I moved up here the earliest the ice has been off Platte lake is April 6th in 2006 and the latest the ice was off Platte Lake was April 24th in 2008. I have discovered the past two years that it is possible for me to begin catching fish before the ice is off the lakes because the Grumpy Old Man Hole (GOMH) opens way before anywhere else around here. Last year I caught my first open water fish on April 10th and the ice was not off Platte Lake until the 17th. Who knows maybe I will even do some late ice, ice fishing this year.

Lately there have been lots of bass fishing bloggers out fishing.
I am a bass fisherman
Josh Douglas
Smallmouth In Your Soup
Rattletrap Ramblings
TBrinksFishing.com
McCotter's Lake Anna Guide Service
Fish with Dirt
Joel Trovillion
Big Indiana Bass

Even Rich Lindgren got out for some open water largmouth fishing here in Minnesota, but as of right now he has only Facebooked it.

2 comments:

Joseph Mancia said...

Fishing a hole in the ice, late in the season is certainly one of my favorites, as it justifies getting out of the house and makes for a great day of fishing.

Joseph

Basspastor said...

Thanks for the comment Joseph. I added your blog to my fishing blogs blogroll.