Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2010 Ice Out by Easter Update #3

No news from the bottom of the state yet, but like I posted before I was going to go out and fish me some open water today and I was a little bit surprised by just how open the GOMH was. There was easily more than a football field of open water on the Sullivan side. I didn't catch any fish which isn't that big of a surprise, but it is conceivable that I could have my first bullhead on the line by this time next week because the forecast for the next 10 days is supposed to stay mild. I stopped fishing and did a little landscaping of the rip rap on the NE and SE bridge corners. I was sitting on the SE side steps watching the sun set when a guy and his son showed up to fish. I didn't recognise them. They had minnows, but they didn't catch anything at least not while I was there. I left a little while after the sun set. It was a beautiful night with the red wing black birds singing and ducks and Canadian geese flying around. No loons yet.





(Click to enlarge for a better view)

1 comment:

Fish Whisperer said...

That is just too damn cold for me, but good on you for having a go.
Tight lines