Tuesday, March 04, 2008

This just in... FLW Fantasy Results now in!!! Developing...

I am just floored by the scores people racked up. The $100,000 winner, Martin Toring from MN, had 5212 which is about 1000 points more than I anticipated. This person must have hit the 2,000 Brett Hite exacta and then had 3 more in the Top 10 or 2 in the Top 10 with 1 exacta.

585th Place (Last Prize) had 3113points which beats my score by 782 points. In other words I needed 2 more Top 10 anglers or another exacta just to make the prizes. I ranked at 17% which tells me nothing about how many players there actually are.

I figured I would be either first or second in all of my leagues.
I am 1st in the FishingMN.com league (13 teams)
I should be 2nd in the Fishwrench.com league but my team doesn't show up in the standings.
I am 4th in the RichLindgren.com league (24 teams)
I am 9th in the Futurebass.com league (29 teams)

My guess on why I was so off on the scores: I think Exacta's were probably far more common than I guessed. I figured the Exacta bonus would be few and far between, 8 of the 29 people in the Futurebass.com league hit an Exacta. In the RichLindgren.com league 3 of the 24 hit an Exacta. If my math is correct the odds of hitting an Exacta are 1 in 200 overall and 1 in 10 if you do get an angler in the Top 10. How can it be that so many people hit them?

FLW FBF regret: My one regret is that I was blind to Ron Shuffield. He was never on my radar screen yet has a solid career history on Toho. I don't know how he slipped past me but he did. Shame on all of the FLW Player's Advantage pundits for not picking him and pointing him out to me. Of coarse they didn't pick David Walker either who has a strong track record at Toho, yet bombed badly this year sticking both mine and my dad's team with a pathetic 28 point angler.

No comments: