Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Hellabass has a touching tribute to the retiring Brett Favre...

My thoughts on Farve: Apparently his record vs. the Vikes was 17-15. I would have thought it more lop sided than this, but then again Favre had a hard time winning in the dome for most of his career.

Being a Vikes fan I never was that fond of the guy, but I think I did root for him in the Superbowl he won. He is certainly among the Elite of NFL Quarterbacks and Players, but I don't know if he is the greatest quarterback ever despite the fact that he now owns most of the records. His records are due to productivity but they are also due to longevity and the good forturne of never suffering any major injuries. One record for quarterbacks that he does not own is Super Bowl rings and another is career Quarterback rating due to all those interceptions he threw and Farve did entertain me with a great many of those in fact he is the NFL all time pick champion of the world.

One thing I don't like about the retirement is that the Pack Favre backup QB seems to have game. I think I would trade Tavaris Jackson for Aaron Rodgers any day of the week.

No comments: