Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Mitchell Report... Fisher of Men Tournament Lake Murray.

The Angler Report: First Keeper Bass of 2008...

I'm impressed by Spro. Don Zaegel of Getting Reel blogged about a problem he had with a Spro Little John Crankbait. Spro's Sales Manager Syd Rives is either a BassNblog reader or someone told him about the blog and the guy left a comment saying that Spro will do what is necessary to make things right.

In the past I have had defective lures from Terminator and Storm. I sent the lures back and in both instances the companies stood 100% behind their products. I also broke a St. Croix Avid Flippen Stick while swinging a big bass into the boat. St. Criox replaced the rod no problems. I had a Fenwick Techna AV rod break in two for seemingly no reason, they replaced the rod no problems. I had a Fenwick HMG break due to a freak occurance while fighting a Salmon around a bridge tressel; Fenwick replaced that product no problem. The following year I put to much pressure on a big Salmon and snapped the rod in 4 different places, it was actually really cool and sounded like a gun shot. I elected not to get that rod replaced figuring 1 replacement rod was enough. I figure I got my money's worth out of those two rods.

I know certain crankbaits are fish magnets while others just don't seem to catch em. I think the same might be true of topwaters. I have been debating sending my one "Sammy" back to Lucky Craft, because it just doesn't catch fish very well. For the price paid it should be a superior topwater lure and the one I have just does not get the job done. I put on a different lure and I start catching fish. I highly doubt someone from Lucky Craft is going to come to my blog and urge me to send the bait back. And yes I do know how to work the stupid thing. I've tried all sorts of different retrieves and I only catch an occasional fish on the thing. I have blasted bass on the Spro Dawg.

FBF News: My brother Steve and his family arrive in Minnesota from Florida Friday and they will be staying 1 week. That means it's time for the BP to get his Fanasty Bass Fishing Rosters in order. I already have the Posse line-ups done for BASS at Falcon; I don't anticipate making any changes for Amistad. I am gonna get that FLW roster set tonight. I've already pin pointed 8 anglers, so just two more and it's all set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Syd actualy called me in addition to leaving a comment. They are very concerned with ensuring that they have 100% customer satisfaction. I am also debating whether or not to send in my broken bait. I used my other Little John over the weekend in my Bassmaster Weekend Series. There were 78 boats and only 6 limits came in. I credit much of success 17th place to the Little John. I wacked them on this thing. I caught well over 10 bass and have had no problem with it. You can be sure that SPRO pumps out some of the best baits on the market which include the Little John.