Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Making it official...

With the addition of the Bad Bass Boys Blog and Nicks Bass Blog that now makes at least 13 BassNblogs that call Minnesocold home. I think it is time to stake our claim and make it official.

Minnesocold: BassNblog Capitol of the World!!!

Rumor has it that MN Pro Brian Brown of Fishing Hype.com is going to start a blog.

FBF News:
If you don't have your roster changed for BASS FBF Harris Chain then you better get crackin'.

FLW has the story of Minnesocold guy that won $100,000 for Toho...
Turns out the winner didn't hit the Hite Exacta; He hit Exacta's on Svebek, Fisher, and Hadden. Those were the only 3 anglers he had in the Top 10. The story claims both he and the 2nd place winner used Player's Advantage to their benefit. I'm sorry but I have Player's Advantage and Svebek, Fisher, and Hadden never even crossed my radar and I try to throw a wide net before narrowing down my picks. Unfortunatly all the Player's Advantage features no longer work for Toho. I would love to go back and try and see what this guy saw. Maybe he used the quick picks option and got supremely lucky.

Updated: I went into the Player's Advantage Angler profiles and there was nothing, except the fact that Hadden is from FL, to recommend Hadden, Fisher, and Svebeck. I'm at a loss.

From a comment a guy made about being in the 4 percentile and missing the prizes by 100 points, I figure there is 15,000 to 20,000 people playing FLW Fantasy Fishing. If so this is a stagering increase over the 6,000 that used to play. Hopefully FLW will reveal the number of players at some point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found your post after hearing about the Toho winners prize. I was about 500 points away from any prize and had both Fukae and Fisher in my top 10. With the top 10 winners being in the 4500-5200 range I was blown by just how good some players picks had to have been to get those points.

I did not have the exacta but it seems like that if you wanted to finish in the top 100 at Toho you needed to have at least 5-6 top ten placements with at least 1 or 2exacta finishes.

I could be totally wrong on this but I feel that Toho could have been an anomaly for the first tourney. I honestly felt that my picks of Browne to win it and having Suggs,Segraves, Grigsby,Krieger,Mann.Jr, Mckinnie, Dudley, Fukae and Fisher in the top ten was a solid lineup to be in the money.

I do agree that they should leave the pundits pick and Fantasy trend up even after the tourney was over. In fact it was down before the final weigh in so while watching online was not able to see where Hite and Svebek came in before the tournament.