Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Al Lindner!!!

A good word from Al:


One cool thing about Facebook is that I am Facebook Friends with THE MAN, none other than Al Lindner himself. It's pretty cool in that both Al and Ron frequent Facebook to keep in touch with their legions of fans. They post frequently to the Lindners Angling Edge Facebook Fan Page, but also through their own individual Facebook accounts.

Growing up Al Lindner was my fishing hero. I was an avid watcher of In-Fisherman TV shows and Al was my favorite host. I devoured In-Fisherman magazine and I read their book on Largemouth Bass dozens of times. I can still remember learning about slip bobber fishing at a seminar done by Al at the Minneapolis Sportsman Show back around 1982 or so. Back in the 90's when I used to call into the KFAN radio show "The Common Man Dan Cole" my official moniker was "Al Lindner Guy." Back before I got the nickname of Basspastor, I used Al Lindner Guy as my online fishing message board name as well.

On June 15th of 2009 I dropped into Gander Mountain in Brainerd to get a few things and I was lucky enough to meet my hero face to face for the first time. I blogged about the encounter in a blog post entitled: Brush with Greatness. Who knows, maybe one of these days I will run into him on the water. I know of a couple of people who have had that happen.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Al and I wish you many more!!!

No comments: