Sunday, April 11, 2010

The View From the GOMH

This is pretty much the Southern view from the Grumpy Old Man Hole when I arrived a little before 6:30PM.

The SW side- Bucket Man and two others


The SE side


The Sullivan Channel

Tonight when arrived the whole South side was covered up, so I stood on the bridge and watched 1 orange bullhead, 1 toothy bullhead, and 3 jumpin bullheads get caught on the SE side.

Finally at about 7:45PM Bucket Man left and I went over to take his spot on the SW side. I asked the older guy who was over there if he had caught anything at all and he said no. Not 30 seconds later his bobber went down and he landed a silver bullhead. About 5 minutes later I got a bite and landed a silver bullhead, which I gave to the guy next to me who had one. I proceeded to miss a couple of bites and a guy fishing off the bridge also got a silver bullhead.

Note- Several jumpin bullheads were caught on the North side of the bridge, including a big one by Lantern Man

It got dark and everyone left but LM, who ended up fishing on the SE side. He caught two toothy bullheads after dark. Eventually he came over to the SW side with me and we chatted and watched our lighted bobbers. Sometime after 9:15PM I finally got a bite and landed a silver bullhead, which I gave to LM. LM missed a couple of bites. Finally I left at about 10:30PM.

No comments: