Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Few Bullheads...


I didn't put the Flash Card back in the camera and when I discovered this at the lake I elected not to take any pictures because I wasn't sure if I had the cord to connect the camera to the computer. Since I have gotten home a search has turned up no cord; So if I had taken pics, I wouldn't be able to share them.

Anyway my first stop tonight was Rock Lake around 6:30PM and that was a bust; Rock Dock not in. Next I headed to the GOMH and nobody was there. I started on the SW side fishing a white Terminator jig with the larger size Zoom Speed Craw for dogfish. I didn't catch anything and switched to the 1/16oz Panfish Chatterbait and on one of my first few casts I got an 11" jumpin bullhead. A guy, who I will call V from here on out here at the blog, showed up to fish, so I headed over the SE side to try my luck first dogfish with the Terminator jig. I didn't catch anything so I switched up to the Chatterbait and I don't think I had any bites on that. I was thinking about going to NE side, but a guy showed up and took that spot, so I stayed put. I started fishing a glow Cubby with a minnow and I got a couple of small jumpin bullheads on that. V pulled in a couple of jumpin bullheads, then a tiger bullhead, and then amazingly enough he pulled in a silver bullhead. He missed a couple of bites then got another silver bullhead, then another one and then his spot seemed to peter out. My bobber got knocked upwards and I set the hook into a silver bullhead which I kept to give to V. A short time later my bobber started moving off sideways and I got a small silver bullhead that I threw back. About 5 minutes later I got a couple of bites and missed them, but the 3rd time was the charm and I brought in 8" orange bullhead, which I kept for V. I would miss one more silver as it was really dark. The bite was so slow V and I called it a night at the same time around 9:15PM maybe a little after.

1 comment:

Nigel said...

The spirit of sharing is always there and its always valuable....even without a picture.