Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Little Better Bite Tonight


I was out the door around 5PM and headed over the Jenny's to pick up an apple pie. Since I was as Jenny's I decided to fish from her lake access and I was rewarded with this bass on a brown grub.

Next I headed to Bulldog where I got a couple of bites but no hookups. Willard showed up and was going to give Bulldog a try for some sunfish. I threw about 3 more casts and headed to the GOMH. When I arrived there wasn't a single person there but there were a couple of boats in the Sullivan channel, naturally I took up my place on the SW side. I didn't get any bites for about an hour until I pulled in a small jumpin bullhead on a Storm Wildeye Swim Shad. Around 6:30PM Bucket Man's side kick, who I found out is named Kyle, arrived. There was also a couple on the SE side and they caught a couple of jumpin bullheads. I got a small toothy bullhead and made the mistake of trying to swing it up over the rocks and my line broke; Bye Bye Swim Shad.

A little after 7PM some guys out in the closest boat started pulling in some orange bullheads, jumpin bullheads, and even a silver bullhead. I think I had some orange bullheads messing with my minnow from time to time. Eventually my bobber went down and I got another jumpin bullhead. Kyle got a perch then the first silver bullhead and shortly after that Bucket Man showed up along with the family with the lady that fishes from the bridge. Bucket Man caught a silver right away and about that time Grumpy Old Man Willard showed up. Besides Willard there were a bunch of spectators tonight including an old guy who was giving Willard the business to everybody's amusement; It was a good old fashioned Grumpy Old Man throwdown basically. At some point I got two silver bullheads which I gave to Willard and one more jumpin bullhead. The guy and his buddy from yesterday showed up and decided to fish once they saw there was a bit of action to be had. I would say the number of silver bullheads caught more than doubled from last night. After it got kind of dark the bite seemed to quit and I left a little before 9PM.

No comments: