Friday, April 30, 2010

A Bit of Action

Tonight I got out of the house after 6PM and my first stop was Rock Lake. Today had been overcast with a little bit of rain, but by the time I was out the skies had cleared and there was a 5mph breeze out of the South.

At Rock I hooked up with a couple of bass on a glow Cubby and a minnow.
This little guy was followed by a 15 inch chunk that I didn't take a picture of. I think I may have caught that chunk bass earlier this year.

It was after 7PM when I headed to Bulldog, but that was dead so on to the GOMH. When I arrived at the GOMH there was just 1 car and a lady was fishing on the SW side with worms. I went to the SE side. I don't think she had caught anything and at the first sign of lightening and thunder to the SW she bailed.

I nabbed a couple of 14 inch class jumpin bullheads on the glow Cubby with a minnow and then Rapala Boy and his dad showed up. Right after they got there my bobber went down and I landed this smallish (8") silver bullhead.
I had this one little spot that seemed to be holding fish and I landed a couple of jumpin bullheads, the bigger of which was this 15inch chunk:


Like I said earlier there was a storm heading are way and the skies got darker and there was a lightening show with a bit of thunder. You would have thought the fish would have gone berserk, but I caught one last silver bullhead and that was it.
This fish was about 10" and I would have kept it had I gotten a few more, but back to the lake it went. Rapala Boy and his dad really didn't catch anything. It started to sprinkle a little and so I bailed before it started pouring.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Very Nice.

I got my biggest bass of my life so far tonight just after a big storm blew through here in Central IL. (just put up a post about it if you wanna check it out.)

I've been checking out your blog the last few days, very interesting. Keep it up!