Sunday, April 20, 2008

Odds, Ends, Weather, and Cubby Rods

Today: One year ago today was my official ice out day for Platte Lake and I caught my first open water fish of the year at Rock Lake. This year still iced up for a few more days. Hopefully we will get some warm rain on Monday.

I have a dream: This morning I had a dream that I was going with some buddies on a fishing excursion. Where? Zapata Texas to fish Falcon Lake. My dream didn't actually include fishing, just the planning to get there.

Weather: Did not get nearly as warm as forecasted. Was in the low 50's with wind and overcast. BRRRRRR.

Tackle Time: Today I got line on the last of my new reels and I got rods set up for panfish. I then set about working on my tackle some. I put skirts on spinnerbaits, exchanged out blades on a tandem spinnerbait where the blades had rusted badly due to it falling in the battery box, and nailed some new pegs into the wall of my tackle emporium.

Cubby Rods: They are on sale at Mills Fleet Farm for 20 bucks. These are great panfish rods and I plan to pick up another one. Dad will have a true panfish rod this year which should make fishing a lot more fun than on the far to stiff medium action walleye rod he used last year. When Dad doesn't tag along I can use it for a casting set up without a bobber if I want to try that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave,

You are a fishing geek, but I love you.

Your bro,
Jeff