Saturday, April 26, 2008

Keith Nighswonger takes a satirical look at the infamous Bent Pole Pattern...

I really can't imagine using the "bent pole pattern" for bass fishing unless you consider copying the actions and lures of a successful partner in the same boat as you as doing it. In bass fishing I am to busy focusing on what my lure is doing to be looking around to see what others have going on. I suppose I might notice if someone fishing in close proximity hooks into a fish, but that isn't quite the same thing as intentionally scouting by watching other people.

I do see a couple of instances where the "bent pole pattern" is the way to go.

#1 Finding shore fishing spots for Crappie in the Spring.

#2 Fall jig fishing on Leech Lake.

#3 Looking for camera flashes on Mille Lacs for Fall night trolling.

The Mitchell Report: Santee Cooper Stren...

No comments: