Sunday, April 06, 2008

FLW Fantasy Fishing Update: FLW Fantasy Fishing has instant results for the Lewis Smith tournament. It's as I worried about, fantasy scores were significantly higher at Lewis Smith than at Toho. I missed an Exacta bonus on Luke Clausen by 1 place and that cost me a run into the prizes. At Toho having 3 Top 10 anglers or 2 Top 10 anglers with an Exacta were enough to get into the prizes. At Lewis Smith it took 4 Top 10 anglers or 3 Top 10 anglers and an Exacta bonus so I missed the prizes where my score was good enough for prizes at Toho.

I have to say I am a little bummed at this one. This is really my 3rd near miss at making the prizes in 2008. Under the old FLW Fantasy Fishing rules I am quite certain I would have been into the mid tier of prizes because my overall line up was quite strong. Having Ehrler finish 12th, and Yelas finish 14th just doesn't count for much under the current scoring system.

The $100,000 winner at Lewis Smith had 5939 points which is 727 points, almost a full Exacta Bonus, more than it took at Toho. It will be interesting to see if the winner hit the 2000 Point Bennett as winner Exacta.

This is a tournament where having Players Advantage could have played big. In the run up to the tournament Michael Bennett told the PA pre-tournament video that he was a solid pick. Unfortunatly for me, I was away from the computer in the middle of last week and didn't get that message. I think there is a good chance I would have switched someone out because an angler who says he's on fish is usually a good pick, especially when you have a 10 man roster.

The next FLW Tournament is later this month at Lake Norman and is an "Open." The fact that it is an "Open" bumps the Top 10 bonus 500 points per Angler, the winner Exacta bumps up 2,000 points and the Exacta bonus bumps up 750 points. Basically the bonus points all double. Doing well with picking at the Opens and the Tour Championship are where points for the end of the year prizes are going to be decided.

The Minnesocold BPboys placed 1231 for Lewis Smith Lake and are currently 745th best team Overall.

No comments: