Friday, April 25, 2008

FLW Norman Lake

FBF Notes: Today makes it official, I hate the way that FLW scores it Fantasy Bass Fishing Game. Last Tournament I had a very strong total line up, but that line up was not good enough to get me into the prizes because of all those Top 10 and Exacta bonus points. This week it is my Dad's team that is going to suffer the exact same fate. Dad has 5 anglers in the top 15, but 3 of these are not in the Top 10. He has Morgan in 11th, Powroznik in 12th, and Powers in 15th. Because Lake Norman is an "Open" just 1 angler in the Top 10 is worth a minimum of 1,191 points and with an exacta that shoots to 2691; Meanwhile those 3 high finishing anglers combined are only worth a grand total of 565 points, less than half the minimum for 1 top 10 angler. This system is way more top weighted than the old BASS/ESPN scoring ever was. Sure the playing field is level for everybody, but I just plain old don't like it.

With those 1500 point Exacta bonuses, the whole thing now comes down to dumb luck. I think they should only give a huge Exacta bonus for picking the winner.

Bpboys Recap: 1 angler in the top 10, so I can be thankful for that. Morgan in 11th place is a buzz kill for both the Bpboys and my Dad.

Here is my line-up
D. Hibdon 93rd
Ehrler 2nd Come on Exacta!!!
Dudley 28th
Morgan 11th
Thrift 44th
Bennett 18th
Yelas 129th
B. Long 55th
Fukae 70th
Clausen 25th

No comments: