Friday, April 25, 2008

Rock On!

Fishing Report: Despite the nasty weather (cold and wet) I decided to go out fishing to see if just maybe I could catch anything. I started at the Rock Lake Public Access. The ice was off the lake but the dock was not in the water. Last year the dock went in the same day the ice went out.

Sure enough I was able to luck into 3 Larry bass (17",14",14"). No crappies, sunnies, dogfish, or pike.

As it started getting dark I headed to the GOMH in the off chance that maybe the crappies moved in in this awful weather. The water was flowing into Platte lake despite the fact of high water and a slight wind out of the North, What is with that? I don't think I have ever caught a fish at the GOMH when the water was flowing into Platte. You need the water to be flowing the other way, the swifter the better. I didn't give it long and left.

"GET ME TO THE LAKE" local edition: Rock Lake=OPEN, Bulldog Lake=OPEN, Sullivan Lake=OPEN (at least I think it is)

"GET ME TO THE LAKE" MN state edition: MN DNR now has 41 monitered lakes listed as open. The lake farthest North as of today is Knife Lake in Kannebec County. Knife is slightly South of Platte Lake.

Cyberfish and friends got into some Tonka specks before the crappy weather hit...

No comments: