Monday, July 11, 2011

Think Tank Triggerfish Triggers Bullheads @GOMH


It was a hot one yesterday and I stayed indoors in the air conditioning for most of the day. I planned to go fishing at 8PM, but a thunderstorm that was coming in made me head out around 7:15PM in the hopes of a pre-frontal throwdown. When I arrived at the Grumpy Old Man Hole the skies were getting dark and thunder and lightening were not to far off in the distance. As you can see on the video I started with a Think Tank Lures Triggerfish and caught my first fish on that bait ever and then missed one. I also caught another smaller jumpin bullhead on a black/blue Lake Fork Crawtube. I got a small pike on the black/blue Crawtube and another small pike on a green pumpkin Crawtube. I only fished for about 20 minutes before the lightening chased me off, but that was enough time for 3 other guys show up to fish and one of them came down on the NW side and started fishing right in my water. He pulled some nice orange bullheads and one small jumper. They left the same time I did after a lightening bolt came down about 2 miles away.

No comments: