Friday, February 20, 2009

In the Mail


A few years ago I bought a green Smithwick Deadstick Rogue for a couple of bucks on sale at Gander Mountain. It turned out the bait was a real fish catcher. Unfortunately a pike stole it two seasons ago and the lure had been discontinued. I have been on the look out for other green Deadstick Rogues ever since. In an 2001 Bass Pro Catalog it shows that they carried 2 different green Deadstick Rogues (baby bass and watermelon), but I am not quite sure which color was the one I lost. The other day I was checking on Ebay and sure enough there was a watermelon/green Deadstick up for auction. I bid and won it and it came in the mail today. It is a much darker green than the Rogue I lost but I am still not certain that it isn't the same color pattern as the one I lost cause in the Bass Pro Catalog the watermelon looks like a much brighter shade of green, maybe this bait was darker than normal or maybe the one I lost was baby bass. I hope this one is a fish catcher cause I paid about triple what I paid for the one I lost. If it catches fish like the one I lost it will be worth every penny and more.

Found:
Joel Trovillion is yet another Illini bass fishing blog. It was started in November and only has 4 posts so far. I found it because the guy had a link to it in his Futurebass.com forum signature. Check it out.

1 comment:

MIZLAN DARKARTCASTER said...

wow!great lure you have..i wonder if we can try it to catch snakehead