Friday, February 20, 2009

Bassmaster Classic Day 1 Live blogging the weigh-in

There is isn't much of a point to this, because anyone online will be listening or watching rather than paying attention to my liveblogging, but it gives me something to do while I listen.

Hopefully the Live-Leaderboard will work correctly the whole time. It has been known to lock up.

Weigh in should start any time now. The Radio feed is up and running and it is after 4PM.

Yammi commercial says 5 of the last 7 Classic champs were powered by Merc.

J/K

I think I'm going to get a Coke while I wait for this thing to kick off.

Rumor is that IKE will lead and has a 7lber.

The Mayor of Bossier is talking and hawking his city.

Now it's Ray Scott. Flatters Louisiana, hypes this Classic and flatters city. Makes prediction: You need to show up early Sat. and Sun. to get a seat. "I think it is gonna be one of the greatest Classics ever." Basically the stock line every year Blah Blah Blah.

This Coke tastes good. Come on get on with it already.

Ray ends with "God Bless America"

Now they are hyping Merc. They are giving away a prop to the "Craziest Merc Fan in the stands." I wonder how much the prop will fetch on Ebay. Maybe you could increase it's value by getting it signed by Merc. pro's. I think KVD is a Merc. guy.

Elvis is in the building. Keith "Elvis" Allen is on "the top of the food chain."

Introduces Tripp Weldon

Elvis says "Elvis is in the building" about Tripp who must be dressed as Elvis, now that is funny.

Hyping Kim Bain-Moore, Tripp is back.

Saying it was a cold morning.

In case you didn't know. Everybody fishes 2 days then the Top 25 fish Sun. Day Final.

Props out to our Soldiers. Crowd makes a ruckus.

National Anthem...

"for the land of the free, and the home of the brave" crowd goes wild.

I'm guessing video intro, stirring music.

KVD first up???
4 fish 4-04
"I took a gamble...it just didn't work out"
Says spectators on water were great, will make a long run tomorrow.
Says water was up to 10 degrees colder today than it had been.

Reining Champ Alton Jones
Raising an Alton Jones banner
5 fish 13-05
"This morning was a brutal bite, I caught 2 limits later on in the day."

Kermit Man Dean Rojas
5 fish 15-13
big bass 4-02
"You can lose the Classic on the first day, but you can't win it."
"To cold for Kermit, he is in the Bahama's."

Fed Guy Baumgaurdner from PA
4 fish 6-10
"Water dropped 5 degrees, it was a tough bite."

Todd Faircloth
My first fantasy guy
5 fish 9-02 (Not so great)
"I had a tough day... I feel like 17 to 18 is possible" "lost a couple early"

Gary Klien
2 fish 2-13
"1st 20 minutes caught 1 lost 3"

Peter T.
3 fish 6even
Got lots of bites in practice "disappointed"

Skeet
5 fish 15-8
On the strength of two kickers caught early.

Rick Clunn
5 for 10-11
big fish 4-7
Talking aluminum, says others can get into same area's he can, but advantage is in manueverability within fishing area.

Greg Pugh
5 for 14even
"lost a couple good one's today that would have helped out."

Boyd Duckett
5 fish 20-3
No info at all, Is he catching em on a Laser Lure?

Mark Davis
5 for 11-11
"The river came up and the temp. dropped... I think tomorrow will be the best day to catch a big string."

Hyping BASS, commercial break, UGH!

Fed angler Terry Fitzpatrick of Iowa
5 for 18even
"They turned on later in the day"

David Williams Weekend Series champ
5 for 11-6
No info

Kenyon Hill
Apparently on his boat wrap it says Keyon Hill.
Is using a sport psychologist
5 for 9even

Yo! Ish Monroe
Ran 140 miles
3 for 6-8

Kevin Wirth
5 for 15-3
big bass 4-15
Most productive time? "All day" "Broke off a 5lber at end of the day"

Bill Lowen
wierd screeching noises
Nickname: "Turtle"
5 for 14-12
"just couldn't get that big bite"

Fed Champ Bryan Schmidt
5 for 15-5
big fish 4-8
"Coming from the Fed it is hard to compete with all these pro's"

Fed guy Jay Evans from Mont.
5 for 9-12
"I lost a couple of big fish"

Rick Morris
Hellabass Fantasy Guy
2 for 6-10
"You gotta go for the win... I had some spawning fish... bent his prop shaft on a stump but was able to run fine... has two Power Poles... Costa Del Mars... probably not sight fishing tomorrow... Red River I love it, LSU!!!

Here comes Ike
5 for 15-5
Looks like Basstrakk was way off on this one.
"I believe I got a winning area... Boyd and me have a bait, special crankbait" Hmmm maybe the Laser Lure is in effect.
"I am commiting to a spot"

Tim Horton
this is his 10th Classic
5 for 7-11
Got away from crowds, area got muddied up.

"Here comes the Hack Attack"
5 for 12-9
"It was a little tougher than I'd like...my expectations are still good..."

Dustin Wilks
1 for ???
"I ran a long way to get that one fish... I ran out of gas on the way back"

Bobby Lane
5 for 13-2
Talked about Florida Keys

Commercial

Boyd has big bass at 5-4

We are almost half way home 25 out of 51???

Kim Bain-Moore
2 for 3-6
"I am so proud and excited to be here"
Video of Kim and other women anglers.

Edwin Evers
5 for 17-00
Yeah, he is on the fantasy team
"I'm real fortunate to have what I have...missed some fish...you can't win it, but you can lose it and I didn't lose it."

Jami Fralick from SD
5 for 19-3
"He'll slide into 2nd head first, baby"
"I had an awesome day... 3 big bass in first 30 minutes... it was a location thing... all out of the same spot... on my lonesome... I ran my cranking battery dead and I didn't think I was going to make it in."

Mike McClelland
5 for 13-14
"Today was a much better day than I thought it would be...I got way more bites than I thought it would... I got em' on a War Eagle spinnerbait."

Davy Hite
5 for 10-12
"It was a little disappointing...it might not be bad to be behind the 8 ball a little bit...I missed quite a few fish...I had a lot of fish bumping it... first fish was hooked on the top of the head:

Scott Rook
Will Basstrakk hold up?
5 for 17-11
Nope!
big fish 5-3
"this time of year I don't like the current...all the fish I caught today were out of a back water...look for the warmest water you can find...looking for the hard bottom area...I just kept going back and forth through the same area."

Mike Burns Opens guy
5 fish 15-7
No info

Big Show
5 for 10-8
He more than doubled his Basstrakk weight
"I had a really good practice... I think they went out of the hyanciths and went to the wood"

Kota
1 for 1-10
Holds up the fish
"Fishing is the universal language for me to meet people all over the world"

Shaw Grigsby
5 for 8-11
has a spotted bass
"It's great to be back...I had a lot of fish found, but I never got the big bite... I ran a long way"

Wayne Pittman Fed Guy Georgia
4 for 7-9
No info

Aaron Martens
5 for 18-1
"I fished the way I intended but there were a lot more boats than I wanted...I had a good morning...I caught 13 fish today...the big one's weren't biting real good...I'm probably going back to the same area tomorrow."
7-01 big bass

Casey Ashley
he gets an intro song
5 fish 9-13
"I had a real good practice"

Yami commercial

Man is my middle back bugging me.

Kelly Jordan
5 for 15-10
big fish 5-6
Said he saved spots for tommorrow

Dave Wolak
5 for 17-6
"leading the Classic and going on and winning it is a tough thing...I have a couple back up area's I haven't even touched yet."

10 anglers left

Journeyman Pro Bernie Schultz
5 for 11-3
"Tomorrow I will start slow" (as in how he will fish his lures)

Brent Chapman
5 for 13-3
"looking forward to tomorrow, Boyd Duckett is in the same area... I did very little running"

Scott Parker Fed guy New Hampshire
5 for 10-7
Hopes to get 15-17 tomorrow

Byron
"You'll recognise him especially the ladies" lol
1 for 1 even
"I thought I was on the fish to win this"

Brian Snowden
5 for 15-9
no info

Matt Herren
Another one of my fantasy guys
5 for 14-4
"I really like river chains...I had to change bites and presentations...lost 5lber first fish"

Fred Roumbanis
5 for 18-4
"I lost one between 6 and 8lbs"

Bryan Hudgins
Basstrakk had him with a skunk
1 for 1-5
Went for suspended fish with a faster presentation

Randy Howell
Sounded like he got an intro song
5 for 16-3

Last man out
Steve Kennedy on my fantasy team
5 for 10-14
"Today was a struggle"

So Duckett leads Day 1 with the only 20lb bag

The End my friends

No comments: