Monday, January 24, 2005

Someones been diss'n the BP blog.

On the Bass Fishing Home Page TM-Other Bass Fishing Topics message board on topic "# 41707: Well Crap!! Congrats to Philadelphia!, by Triton Mike." That guy Triton goes off his own topic to rip into my blogon the message board and he didn't even have the decency to leave the comment here.

Here is what TritonMike had to say:

I have to admit your website has to be the WORST layout I have ever seen on any website. Clean that damn thing up will ya.. You got crap everywhere.
Now at once I found this comment ironic because the Bass Fishing Home Page TM-Other Bass Fishing Topics and pretty much everywhere other than the Websites main page has a layout that is far worse than anything on my blog. The BFHPTM also has an antiquated Message Board layout that I labled the Uglo Klunkasaurus. Any message board that forces you to cut and paste to link needs to be seriously updated. I find it hard to comprehend how that site is so popular even though it is such a carp of a message board.

Then of coarse BlackRanger, this Bubba doofis of a nemisis of mine, has to chime in with this:

I'm with you. I looked at that thing for 30 secods and had to snort 3 Goody's to get over the headache!
He's from Alabama and didn't even know what a blog was, nuff said.

Anyway I did give a responce that included this:

However, I agree with you that it can use some serious clean up, but the blog is a work in progress. I'm not an IT guy so I don't know how to make several of the changes I would like to make that would clean things up. However, the layout will always be such that it is an artistic statement that says "SLOP FISHING." Your criticism actually confirms the effectiveness of why I chose that particular layout. (BTW-I'm not kidding, check out this blog entry from 12/12/04: http://basspundit.blogspot.com/2004/12/fyi-bp-blog-color-scheme.html )
It's bad enough having to link in long form, but when you put it there it isn't even hyperlinked, but left as plain text that you have to cut and paste, puhlease!

Anyway the rest of what I said is here starting at comment #3 if you haint already saw it. (that's written so BR will understand)

My suggestion to anyone who thinks this blog contains:
"the WORST layout I have ever seen on any website"
...is to hit that "Next Blog" button up on the top right hand corner of this page. You will be sent to another blog that also has the button and so forth. You will not have to click many buttons to find blogs with layouts worse than this. In terms of layout, Bass Pundit blog follows the lead of Instapundit which probably gets 3X the number of unique hits all bass fishing sites on the web get put together. You can bet that if I knew how to put a link bar between the blog title and content like Instapundit that this blog would be less messy than it is now.

If you have suggestions and know how I can clean it up, I'm willing to listen. I am slowly learning how to work the template. I wish I knew more cause I have idea's how to make the place look better but just don't know how to achieve all that yet.

And Next time, if you are gonna rip the BP than that is what the comment section is for (at least in part). And I won't erase a post just cause it's critical either. The BP comment section is a true free speech zone.

Thanks
Management

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a Loomis freak, far be it from me to defend Blackranger, but I take exception to: "He's from Alabama . . . ." So? Excuse me?

Basspastor said...

I suppose BlackRanger is a UglyStik kind of guy huh!

Actually I don't have anything against Alabamies. How lucky are you to have Guntersville in your state and some other truely great bass fisheries. However, taking a shot at the redneck rep of the area is a no brainer as a cheap shot, it's just like ripping Cheeseheads for their beer drinkin' paint thinner sniffin' ways and Iwegians for the fact that they live in the state with nothing to do for fun but go cow tipping. It's all in fun.