Thursday, October 14, 2010

Platte Lake Oct 14th: Skunked, Yes Skunked


Conditions: Wasn't much different than yesterday with temps in the mid 60's, but today the winds were blowing much harder 20mph+ out of the NW. Just as I was heading out I heard on the radio that a front had come through today. Water temps seemed to be 55-57. I got out for a couple of hours until dark.

The Report: I ran across the big middle bay to protected water where a couple of docks that are still in the water are located on the end of North Platte Lake Road peninsula point. Nothing on the docks. I out to try the edges of the reed bed and had a good hit with a baby bass Zoom Super Fluke. Unfortunately I didn't hook up. I tried topwaters and spinnerbaits, but nothing happened so I headed across the weed flat heading NE.

The spinnerbait I was getting the pike on yesterday wasn't doing anything, so I tied on a white spinnerbait with white single Colorado blade. I got a couple of hits that I didn't bring in near of in the the reed bed in the middle North of the bay. Topwater wasn't happening at all.

As it was getting dark I made a quick move to fish the outside edge of the big Eastern reed bed. Didn't get any hits there.

Unfortunately I think the topwater bite might be done for the year. To be honest I am not really sure where to go to find bass in Platte now.

No comments: