Saturday, October 16, 2010

Change Is Coming????

(No this isn't about politics)

Now that I think I have figured a couple of things out, I am seriously considering upgrading this blog to the newer Blogger Layout format instead of keeping it in the old Template format that it is now. It would be nice if there was a way I could change it "in draft" and then make a decision when I see what I end up with. Come to think of it, I think there is a way I can do just that, sort of.

I think I will dabble.

Update: I have now fiddled and it looks like if I decide to make the change I am in for a lot of work on the sidebar. How much work isn't clear because I just don't know how much stuff will transfer if I make the change. I definitely will not be doing anything until the snow flies and the lakes freeze.

This is what I came up with in my dabbling... What do you think?

Another Update: I've looked into some things that I thought would be short cuts for if and when I do change, but unfortunately things don't work like I think they should in terms of presentation and spacing. Frustrating because it means changing will be a lot more work.

4 comments:

TBRINKS said...

I like the new draft. I have been thinking of ways to kind of update mine as well.

Clif said...

Update man, lest you become a dinosaur of blogdom.

I like the new place, it looks similar enough that no one will be shocked.

Basspastor said...

Thanks for the comments guys. That BP Draft blog is only there so I can play with and test a few things. I wish I could know without doing it, what will transfer if I change.

Bo said...

My sympathies...you never know how far the rabbit hole will go when you make a change like that. Draft site looks good though IMO.