Sunday, February 21, 2010

2010 Bassmaster Classic Day Final Take 2


11:30AM Just got on computer have yet to check anything. First stop BASS live blog. I read the bottom first, to keep things and suspense in order.

11:42PM I'll be dipped and fried the 8:57AM blog talks about KVD catching a pickeral. I could have sworn last night watching the Classic coverage on TV that Brent Chapman had caught a toothy critter, not a bass. Maybe I wasn't seeing things. I hope the disappointment of catching a non-bass makes the TV show.

11:52AM Straight up from the Live Blog:

10:55AM ET You want to get a good idea of how much these guys respect each other?

Todd Faircloth and Brent Chapman have been sharing water in Beeswax Creek all week. Chapman has been having a good morning. He has a limit. Meanwhile Faircloth only has two.

According to Robbins, Chapman just idled over to Faircloth and handed him a bait, assumedly the one or one like he's been using.

Faircloth is tying that bait on.

Chapman is a great guy, always has been. But he may be ready to see some with a shot at slaying the dragon succeed.



Brent Chapman and his wife are also bass fishing bloggers. But I'm not going to link to that now.

12:00PM Ruh Row!!!

11:15AM ET We didn't get to talk to Jason Quinn this morning. But we've just learned that he is dealing with food poisoning. He was up all night hugging the porcelain.

He's still out there today, casting away and probably feeling pretty terrible at the moment.


12:05PM I'm all updated on the 2010 Bassmaster Classic live blog Looks like Russ Lane is going to make a serious run, KVD will add drama, and Kriet and Faircloth need to catch more fish.

12:15PM If Bass Trakk is correct and KVD has 15lbs today than Ike is in serious trouble.

Kriet bags his limit, needs serious upgrading.

12:20PM Just got a call from my 38 year old brother Steve who was proud to say that he finished his first marathon today (1st one he ever tried). WAY TO GET IT DONE STEVE!!! I am sure I will blog more on this later today.

12:30PM On to watching the days Bass Cam video's

I see that Todd Faircloth has a limit but it's tiny fish.

The thing about these Bass Cam video's is that I have to pause them so they can load up, but if when I do that a new video is posted then the one I'm loading gets preempted by the new one. Hate that!

12:45PM From Bass Cam video Chris Lane says he's going to confront some guys who are fishing in Beeswax Creek, where most of the top guys are. Personally I think that is a bogus move, if people want to fish they have as much right to the water as the Pro's. Now I wouldn't fish on Pro's water in the BMC, but this is fishing and these kind of things can and do happen.

12:55PM As much as I love KVD, I'm rooting for the "Squirrel" in this one Jeff Kriet. Now if it was Ike and KVD than I'd be all KVD.

1:00PM On Bass Cam Russ Lane keeps talking about the head games that must be going on in Beeswax because of the crowd cheers when a fish is caught. Yeah if your not catching em' that would play with your head.

1:10PM These Bass Cam video's are basically short video blogs, worth the look if you are not watching them. Tip- They are in order from new to old, start with old and work your way back.

1:15PM Mercer Twit Vid Kevin VanDam Catching a giant on the final day of the Bassmaster Classic So good this one gets an embed.



1:30PM Mercer with an earlier Twit Vid than the Van Dam one. Why wasn't Mercer on the water the first two days?

1:35PM Rich's Bassin' Blog Mid-Day Report...

1:45PM Another Mercer Twit Vid from earlier in the day... He's on the water. Money quote: "I'm a roving reporter with nothing to report."

1:55PM Just finished up the Bass Cam on the water video's. On the very last one photographer James Overstreet reported that Kriet has more than what Bass Trakk is showing, but he is probably still short of Van Dam.

Just got to a Mercer Twit Vid of Mercer "in the bush," this one is kind of funny for once.

2:02PM Mercer was a Twit Vid fool this morning KVD Fish # 1 (Big One) and Bassmaster Classic Take Off

2:10PM Another Twit Vid from early this morning Bassmaster Classic Convoy

Note- The reason why the Twit Vids go from latest to earliest so far is because I am finding them as a go down my Facebook Newsfeed.

1:20PM It kind of looks like the on the water Bass Cam commentary is done for the day. BOOOOOO!

2:30PM Just read Ike's Bass Insider blog from last night and he sounded kind of beat down. Had 5 bites, landed 4 and that missed fish is obviously a huge loss in Ike's mind. Doesn't sound confident at all about nailing a 20lb sack.

2:45PM Going to take a break, get the dogs out and eat something.

3:15PM I'm back and if the Bass Live Blog and Bass Trakk are to be believed it looks like KVD blew this thing out. We know Bass Trakk can be wrong, but 7 plus pounds wrong is stretching the margin of error to it's outer limit.

3:40PM Alton's Angle blog No regrets

Skeets Beat blog Thank you everyone

4:20PM Once again today I will liveblog the leaderboard unless Rich Lindgren comes through and live blogs 360 at the Bassin blog.

I think I'm going to blog in draft KVD as the winner, so I am ready the instant it is official.

No comments: