Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Some Smallie Mille Lac-tion

Today I had to pick up some meds in Onamia, so I made it a shore fishing trip to Mille Lacs. Conditions were Sunny with a light breeze blowing in out of the SE. I started on the South Eddy's Jetty and it didn't take long before I was tangling with an 18 inch smallie. On the very next cast I got a 17 incher. I moved just a little bit farther North and hooked into a 16" smallie. I got all 3 of these fish on a 3/16oz white/chart Strike King spinnerbait with chart blades. I tried a few different things and had some hits but no hook ups. I then got a 13.5" smallie on a Lucky Craft Pointer 100. Things got quite so I went and gave the North Jetty a try but I didn't even get bit there, so I went back to the South Jetty. I lost a fish on a brown Berkley Frenzy Jerkbait, then I picked up a 16 inch Smallie on it. I cycled through a few baits and had another 16 inch class smallie get off my clown X-Rap as I tried to bring it closer to shore. By this time it was after 7PM, so I headed off to the Cemetery Jetty.

I was fishing off the old boat launch and tied into a 14 inch largemouth on the Strike King spinnerbait I got the smallies with. I had another hit on the spinnerbait but it didn't hook up; I got a look at the fish and am pretty sure it was a little pike. Next I headed out to the end of the Jetty, picking up a few wood ticks along the way. The other night with Cyberfish we didn't pick up any. It was slow at the end of the Jetty but I did pick up a single 16 inch smallie on a white with chart nose Rapala Subwalk. I left around 8:30PM and went back to Eddy's, but I didn't get any hits. I called it quits around 9PM.

No comments: