Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Slow GOMH


Around 8PM I headed to the GOMH for some bullhead action. When I arrived I had a fairly close encounter with a small deer to the west of the bridge. I walked towards it hoping it would spook and go into the woods, but it didn't. Eventually it did get off the shoulder and head for the trees.

Right away at the GOMH I noticed that they had been doing some work at the bridge. They added a bunch of rip rap along the concrete on all four sides of the bridge, basically making it much more treacherous to reach the waters edge. I don't like the change. Almost right away I got my only fish on a gold DM Custom Baits Piranha. As you can see in the pic, it's a toothy bullhead about 22". I thought I had a dogfish on by the way it fought, doing spins but it wasn't to be.

I worked a swim jig and flippen jig without luck and had 1 hit on the Rojas Spro Popping Frog but the fish only took it down by the legs.

No comments: