Thursday, June 25, 2009

Break from Fishing???

Today we pulled the Trophy out of the lake to put in a new impeller on the motor. When Pete was here he said it wasn't spitting water well enough and that it needed to be replaced. Cyberfish the motors owner was of the opinion that the motor never spit water very well and I tend to think that has been the case. Anyway I continued to use the boat and when I ran it, it did dribble water at a steady rate and it's not like I take the motor at full throttle for very long runs. Still for some unknown reason the boat has been losing speed noticeably. Today on the way to the ramp my max speed was about 13mph which is off another 3 mph from what it was when I last ran the boat. It is possible the culprit is a combination of weeds on the prop shaft and rain water accumulating in the boat that isn't draining for some reason. I first noticed the slow down after it had rained pretty good and the weeds had come up on the way out from the dock. So anyway the Trophy is out of play for a few days minimum.

It appears that my shore fishing spots at Mille Lacs and the GOMH have dried up to pretty much nothing and the weather is turning hotter than my comfort range.

However if I do get the itch and the weather is right I have the option of running the "Slop Slip" or maybe breaking out the float tube on some of the smaller area lakes or even hitting Mille Lacs in the float tube like Cyberfish and I did a couple of years ago.

No comments: