Thursday, February 28, 2008

FLW Toho-ho Day 1 (Don't mean Jack Squat!!!)

FLW Live- This is the name for the FLW live streaming and live leaderboard. FLW Live used to be free to anyone, but is now limited to those of us who have the Fantasy Fishing Player's Advantage service. The day 1 weigh in is over and I am underwhelmed with FLW Live. The video feed is extremely choppy for me and the audio is choppy enough to be quite annoying. At least at the Bassmasters Classic I could hear the weigh in well for the most part.

Also, there is a glitch in the live leaderboard, at least on my computer, where the only way I can get the leaderboard to update is to close FLW live and re-open it again which takes a minute or two. Also there is apparently a "script" in the FLW Live that makes my computer speed bog way down so I have trouble navigating around on the computer while FLW Live is running. I have no clue how much of this is due to the fact that my computer is several years old and not nearly as powerful as a new computer would be. Maybe the Flash Player needs to be upgraded.

Toho Day 1 Recap: I think things went down pretty much as expected with most of the field struggling. Only the Top 35 broke 10lbs and there were 65 limits. Cut weight right now is 14-14, which will probably put the Top 10 cut at 26-28lbs which is a bit higher than expected. There were 3 bags over 20 with Brett Hite's 22-06 being the biggest and 6 bags between 18-04 and 15-09. There are 3 names in the top 10 I do not recognize: Monte Knight 7th with only 3 fish, Randy Hadden 9th with 4 fish, and Robert Pearson 10th. The big names in the Top 10 are Andy Morgan 4th, Ron Shuffield 6th, and Shin Fukae 8th. Big Bass was a monster: 11-9 by Randy Hadden.

BP Day 1 Fantasy Recap:
Why even bother? Day 1 doesn't mean JACK SQUAT!!! Especially in this tournament where 1 or 2 big bites can make a zero a hero in no time flat. My last minute switch out of Kenney for Harrison and Grigsby for Tracygier looks to be a mixed bag at this point. Harrison has a half pound on Grigsby (12 places) and Kenney has a 1-9 on Tracygier (25 places).

Here is where the BP boys stand:
Nixon 141st
Browne 90th
Walker 142nd
Harrison 59th
Fukae 8th
Yelas 60th
Lefebre 169th
S. Martin 164th
Clausen 12th
Tracygier 104th

So basically I have 5 bombs, 3 mediocre, and 2 contenders. I am thinking that 2 in the cut is probably not good enough to vault into the prizes. However if the no names continue to make a good showing you never know. I just wish the Player's Advantage "Fantasy Trend" was still available for Toho. The "Trend" tells by percent how many teams selected a given angler and there were a fair number of anglers who were not chosen at all. Unselected anglers is something you never see in the BASS game do to the point restrictions.

No comments: