Friday, February 29, 2008

FLW Lake Toho-ho Day 2

How to video's from FLW...

FLW Live today- It seemed to work a little better today than yesterday in terms of the audio interruptions. I got to hear the touching story of Ron Shuffield and his son who got shot last year. Both Ron and son are fishing Toho, son as a Co, and they both made the Top 10 cut.

The live streaming video didn't really stream at all today, not that it streamed much yesterday. This lack of fluidity may have been due to the fact that FLW Live was free to anyone who wanted to get it today.

The leaderboard actually did update on it's own today. However at the end of the day things locked up and so I don't know the final standings. I've tried to get back in and see if the standings are available, but I can't log into Fantasy Fishing. I think the website might have crashed. I WANT THOSE STANDINGS NOW!!!

I got back into the Fantasy Fishing website but I can't get into FLW Live Players Advantage version, so I'll have to wait for the final standings along with everybody else. I do know that both my Dad and I have someone in the Top 10 where all the fantasy points are. Dad had Moorehead sqeak in at the 10 spot with 23-04. I think that guy Sherry who had 20lbs yesterday blanked. Obviously with 23-04 being the cut spot the weights were down drastically today. Some no name guy who caught almost nothing yesterday bagged today's biggest bag of 19lbs and change; It wasn't enough for him to make the cut.

Ah Day 2 results are up at FLWoutdoors.com...

Fantasy Recap: I managed to improve only 21 places with 1 in the Top 10. My Dad's team improved 121 spots with all but 2 of his anglers showing improvement.

BPboys:
Nixon 98th +43
Browne 30th +60
Walker 173rd -31 This one hurts
Harrison 95th - 36 This one hurts worse, picked in Kenney's(52nd) Place.
Fukae 8th +4
Yelas 53rd +7
Lefebre 167th +2 Improved from royally sucked to totally sucked.
S. Martin 179th -15 What happened to him? This pick killed me. Mckinnie(42)or Seagraves(75)
Clausen 27th -15 CHOKE!!! I had such high hopes for 2 Top 10's.
Tracygier 102nd +2 Another pick that really bit me. Grigsby(29)

That's right, moving on Kenney and Grigsby cost me 116 points.

While there is Fukae, there is hope. Need him to finish 5th, got the 1 in 10 chance of it.

I really figured Scott Martin would know what to do when the conditions got tough, boy was I wrong on that one.

How the FLW Player's Advantage Pundits Did: As I have said before my main motivation for getting Player's Advantage was to get a look at the "Pundits Picks." For the Toho tournament there were only 5 Pundits who selected a total of 28 different anglers for their 10 team rosters. Of these 28 Pundit Picks only 2 made the Top 10. Two pundits chose Fukae and 1 Pundit chose Thrift. 9 Picks were in the Top 50, 9 Picks were 51-100, 7 Pics were 101-150, 3 picks were below 150. So basically the Pundits were a mixed bag, unfortunatly I went with 2 of the Pundit Picks in the bottom 150.

BassFan 10 to watch: BassFan esentially picks a fantasy roster with their 10 to watch article. Bassfan only had 1 angler make the Top 10 but their picks overall were mostly solid: Nixon (98), Kenney (52), Grigsby (29), Yelas (53), Dudley (67), Clausen (27) Lefebre (167) Fritts (156) Browne (30) Hite (5). Better than my line up anyways.

No comments: