Sunday, March 20, 2022

2022 I Can See It! Plus GOMH, No Open Water



I can drive the entire driveway without touching snow and ice, so today is the day I can see my driveway. With the way water was flowing in the ditches this morning, I thought I would see some open water at the GOMH when I dropped by, but nope. With the forecasted rain Monday through Wednesday, I guess there will be open water there by Friday. I suspect I may have done my last fishing at The Dog unless I go tomorrow evening. The snowmelt peak combined with rain may bring an abrupt end to my ice fishing this year. I thought I would be ice fishing into April this year, but I'm not sure. I noticed a year ago tomorrow was my last ice fishing trip. 

 It wouldn't surprise me if lakes in far Southern MN open up starting late this week.

 

 

No comments: