Monday, October 12, 2009

My 2009 Bass Snatcher Review Part 2 (Lessons Learned)

In the comments of the intial review Hellabass wrote:
"But I guess the other important thing, is did you learn new stuff fishing with these guys?"

In light of that question, I am doing this 2nd installment of the Review that will anwer this question.

Lesson 1
1. The use of GPS in conjunction with and lake mapping software provide an angler who can maximise their utility a definite advantage in finding and catching fish.

Lesson 2
2. I got outfished with a jig around cover on several occasions this year. I think this is a combination of being a back of the boat thing, a deficiency in my jig fishing skills, and something to do with my prefered fishing style which tends to be more horizontal than vertical.

Lesson 3
3. I have had a good experience with every guy I have fished with in the club so far and I would take any of these guys as a partner again in a heartbeat.

2 comments:

HellaBass said...

The jig is a deadly weapon and there are times when you need to go vertical!

Basspastor said...

There were times this year when I had some success going vertical but that was in more open water/weedline/weed flat. I also did catch a few fish vertical in heavier cover, but I was definitely outfished by partners where heavier cover was involved.