Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fantasy Football: The Robo Draft

Yesterday was the automated robo draft in my fantasy football league. I guess I should be thankful it was a robo draft because I would be pretty clueless after the 1st couple of rounds had we done it the old fashion way. Here are my selections by Round:

1st: QB Drew Brees Saints- I pretty much consider myself a very lucky fellow because I got Drew with the 8th pick. I considered him to be the #2 QB behind Brady and there were 5 picks in front of me that I would not have wanted over Drew.

2nd: Steelers Defence- Ladanian Tomlinson was available in this slot and I'm disappointed I didn't get him. Randy Moss was also available but his inconsistancy has to be a worry. There were 2 other Defences picked in this round after me, so I'm hoping that a Defence this early in the draft wasn't a bad thing.

3rd: RB Ryan Grant Packers- I am not sure this guy is all that good. I know he was a rookie sensation but wasn't all that good last year. Have no clue what kind of offensive line the packers have.

4th: RB Kevin Smith Lions- Have no clue who this guy is. Apparently he is the Lions #1 running back.

5th: K Stephen Gostkowski Patriots- 1st Kicker selected in the draft. Not sure this is a good thing especially because I didn't have a wide receiver yet.

6th: WR Hines Ward Steelers- May very well have been the best wide reciever still avaiable or maybe he is getting old.

7th: WR Anthony Gonzalas Colts- Taking over Marvin Harrisons spot. Has a big upside.

8th: WR Steve Breaston Cardinals- Don't know who the guy is but I needed a 3rd receiver. He caught 77 passes and was over 1000 yards last year in his 2nd season, so this could be a solid pick.

9th: TE Owen Daniels Texans- I needed a Tight End to fill out my team, don't know much about him but he is supposed to be pretty good.

10th: QB Big Ben Steelers- Will be a good fill in when Breeze has his Bye week.

11th: RB Felix Jones Cowboys- I think he is the 2nd string RB in Dallas, so I don't know where that leaves him. He didn't play much last year as a rookie.

12th: WR Derrick Mason Ravens- May be the Ravens #1 receiver so he may get used.

13th: RB Cadillac Williams Bucs- This one may be a steal. If he is healthy he could possibly be the #1 back in Tampa. Saw him in pre-season game and he looked good.

14th: TE Bo Scaife Titans- expendible, but I will need a TE when Daniels has the bye.

1 comment:

LiFE said...

you have a decent team. but not much depth. I hated the fact the computer drafted the way it did. Def and kickers should never be drafted until all other roster spots are filled. I still can't figure out how it picked Jay Cutler for me instead of Favre. Good luck. You should trade me. Trading is what fantasy is all about. If I were you, you shoudl try and trade Brees for another great QB and WR. Maybe for Carson Palmer and Randy Moss combo. You might get a nice 2 for one.

_Todd