Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cheesehead Legend Pretty In Purple: Farve A Minnesota Viking

Ha Ha Ha Packer Crackers!!! At least for today the Vikings Nation has something up on Cheeseheadland.

My Analysis: Obviously everything depends upon how healthy Farve is and if he will stay healthy. Farve was on his game two years ago with the Pack and did improve the Jets from being a poor team to an OK team. If Farve is even 90% he should be an upgrade from Gus Frerotte of last years reasonably successful season. I haven't looked at the schedule yet, but I have heard it is the 2nd easiest in the league on paper according to last years standings. Certainly things change from year to year, but an easy schedule can't hurt. However, I would assume that because the Vikes share so many games with division opponents that the Pack and Bears also should be in a good position. If the defence can be as good or better than last year and Farve is and stays healthy then a division title and shot in the NFC Championship Game are reasonable expectations. I am definitely more enthusiastic about this year than last.

And for the record I was never a Farve hater. In fact I rooted for the Pack throughout the playoffs the year Farve won the Super Bowl (Temporary Insanity). I was at times frustrated by Farve's four leaf clover but at times Farve had his struggles against the Vikes too.

Update: Just noticed I am spelling Farve's name phonetically, but differnt from how he spells it. Favre, I used to mock the FavREE or FavRAY.

1 comment:

CYB said...

"In fact I rooted for the Pack throughout the playoffs the year Farve won the Super Bowl"

No way!!! well mabye in a different universe mabye haha