Monday, April 24, 2023

Ice Report & GOMH Skunk Report


 
Bulldog

Rock is super high

Checked around the area lakes. Platte and Rock are pulling away from the shore some, and the water level is really high. Still, 2 to 3 days away from ice-out, I think. A guy with 2 teenagers was at the bridge watching birds and taking pictures when I arrived. I started fishing, and they left soon after. Another guy stopped by for a little bit. He said a buddy told him he got a bunch of crappies here last week. Not! Had a few loons flying around and calling. No bites. Stayed until dark and didn't shine anything. I feel good about my chances of getting something by Thursday night.

Channel in Bay is 25% Open, and the Inlet on Platte from Rock is opening up pretty well, which means warming water is going to pull through the system with Tuesday's sunshine. I suspect the Platte River Outlet on Rock is open now and will be a fish magnet with the high water over the next few days. Need to get the Trophy ready to go.

Here is my after-action report from the car:



No comments: