Monday, January 30, 2023

Thoughts On 2023 Snatcher's Tournaments (Tentative)

 

Sunday, June 4th, Bay Lake: This will be the fourth time the Snatchers will begin the tournament season on Bay Lake. I had a 2nd Place finish in 2012 with 15/11 fishing with Roger Ubl; In 2015, I had an 18th Place finish with 10lbs on a cold and windy day with Todd Berghuis; and in 2018, I had a 14th Place finish with a 10/01 bag fishing out of Chuck Steinbuaers boat on a rainy and windy day. Bay has never been a lake to produce giant bags, but it does kick out a lot of limits. The pre-fish I had with Roger Ubl back in 2012 was amazing with how many bass and pike we caught. Always happy to be going back to Bay Lake. I want to thank the club for voting with me to switch this one to Sunday, so I can make the tournament.


Saturday, June 24th, North Long Lake: This will be the fourth Snatcher Tournament and 6th overall (2 Snatcher Mini-Bucks). The previous three Snatcher tournaments resulted in 17th, 23rd, and 20th Place finishes. For some reason, I have struggled to get on the same page with the fish on this lake. Looking forward to cracking the code and getting a limit. I failed to get a limit here in 2017 and 2021.


Saturday, July 15th, Lake Alexander: This will be 3rd time I get a shot at Alexander. The first time was in early June 2014, and it went ok with me bringing in a 10/01 limit. The second tournament was in late June, and I struggled to get bites, only bringing in 3 small bass. Looking to get revenge here as well.


Saturday, August 12th, Lake Winnibigoshish: Who knows if this one will make the final cut. I have a friend who just purchased a place up that way. So it won't be the killer of a drive it would be if I had to leave from here. Rumor has it that Big Winni has big bass. Tuma has been trying to get us to go. This may be the year it happens.


Saturday, September 9th, Whitefish Chain: This will be the 7th time the Snatchers have visited the Chain since I joined the club. But it would only be the 3rd time fishing it in September, and the two previous times were later in the month. We got nice weather once and high winds the second time. If we hit it just right, this could be a phenomenal pick. It's post-Labor Day which will cut down on boat traffic, and smallies are still an option.


Saturday, September 30th, Pokegama: The club last got up to the Poke at Grand Rapids in 2016. All three times I have fished up, there have been summer tournaments. Provided it isn't a cold, rainy, miserable day, I also like this one.  I give this schedule two thumbs up. Hope nothing changes.

No comments: