Tuesday, January 17, 2023

I Want KOC's Head On A Pike


 It is no secret I will forever be a Zim guy. He was an excellent Head Coach whom the fan base and ownership abandoned because of player injuries. I don't care if his style rubbed some players the wrong way. He was a winner that proved it every time he was in the playoffs. The loss to Seattle was 100% on Blair Walsh. He beat a HOF Coach and QB combo at home and as an underdog on the road. We gave up on that winning pedigree for an Offensive whiz kid with a positive approach. I remained skeptical as he racked up wins, but you can't argue with the results. A 13-win season is fantastic! Still, I was not on board the KOC train. 13 wins are almost meaningless if we get upset at home. With the D that showed up yesterday, we get beat 10 out of 10 times by that Giant's Offense. If they had to have points, they got 'em.   Where was the toughness and aggression to start the game on D? They looked lost and were as soft as a marshmallow on the first two Giant drives. That isn't acceptable. It should be a dogfight from the very first snap. It's playoff time at home. Send a message. Instead, they rolled on their bellies. What the...? The Giants seized the initiative due to a bad strategic choice of play call, took the lead, and went up by two scores like they were taking candy from a baby. That baby was our whiz kid coach. That is playoff football, and your team got steamrolled by a better coach who understands playoff football better than you. If I was the Team owner, you would be gone, but you wouldn't be the coach in the first place. If Zim was coach, he would be gone too, but I don't think a Zim-coached team loses that game with an equivalently healthy roster. No way!

I don't think the KOC high-flying magic show is worth a darn come playoff time. I don't think KOCs team will be able to make the playoffs next year. How long will I have to wait to find out if he figured out how to win in the playoffs? This coach is dead to me until he proves he can win a playoff game. Good luck with that, Coach Soft Soap GigaChad.

No comments: