Thursday, April 25, 2019

Trophy's Floating

So I headed to the lake place at about 1:30PM. Getting the prop put back on and the trolling motor mounted went smoothly. The bow light still didn't work, and I realized getting the new bilge pump connected would require me to get that stuck wingnut off the terminal. I called dad and told him to bring some WD . Dad didn't find any WD40 but brought some lubricant that Pete brought up last fall. He suggested I spray the lubricant in the light receptacle. I'll be darned that work. I made a little headway on the wingnut, but it was extremely slow. Meanwhile, the CO detectors were going off in the lake place which Dad had opened. I propped the porch door open and found a pipe wrench in the basement. The pipe wrench allowed Dad and I to get enough leverage to get the wingnut off. I ran to Bear Trax to get a different wingnut and some minnows. I think we headed to the Platte Lake Access at around a quarter to six. The motor started right up and I was off. Victory Achieved!   

No comments: