New for 2018: My brother Steve moved into the family's lake place on Platte late last fall after living out of state in the very early 2000's. He was so busy remodeling the place we didn't have time to fish before the lakes froze up. I hope to be able to fish with him and his daughter Devin quite a bit this year.
Fishing Buddies: Last year the fishing buddies category was almost a universal flop as far as goals being achieved, only 1.20 achieved out of 12 goals. That rate of failure simply isn't acceptable to me in a category that should be in the 80% achieved rate minimum. I will do much better this year!
1. Fish with Dad multiple times.
2. Take Mike Thompson out frog fishing
3. Fish with Jim Bonin
4. Fish with Mike "Spike" Miller
5. Fish with Jeff and Renee at least once
6. Fish with Todd, Isabelle, and Mallory multiple times
7. Take Peter W. out of the Trophy at least once.
8. Take Matt W. out of the Trophy at least once.
9. Fish with Dave Lindmark
10. Fish with Steve and Devin multiple times.
11. Take Corey Hicks frog fishing.
Dream Fishing Buddies:
1. Fish with Josh Douglas
2. Fish with Al Lindner
Bass Snatcher Goals:
1. Get "Wood" in at least one tournament. (1st-3rd Place Finish or Lunker)
2. Win my 1st tournament. (My best finish to date is 2nd Place.)
3. Get "Lunker" in a tournament. (Preferably one over 5-8 to win the revolving big bass pot, but it doesn't look like we have a lot of big bass lakes on the schedule this year.)
4. Get paired with Chuck Fields. (He usually only fishes a couple of tournaments a year so chances of it ever happening are not very good. I may look into bribing Dennis)
5. Finish in the Top 10 at the end of the year. (Something I haven't done since 2011)
6. Catch a limit at every tournament of the year. (I've done this twice, but in 2012 I only fished 4 out of the 6 tournaments due to a bad back.)
7. Pre-fish with at least 3 boaters.
8. List the Rods I'm bringing for each tournament before the tournament.
Technique & Tackle Goals:
0. Blog about the November and December Lucky Tackle Box's
1. Win something in Fantasy Fishing or Facebook giveaways/contests.
Lew's Tournament MB Speed Spool
Lew's Custom Speed Stick
2. Catch a fish on % of Mystery Tackle Box Lures (Hold over from 2017)
2a. 1st Box 100% (5 Lures, 2 Lures to go)
2b. 2nd Box 60% (3 out of 5, only more lure and I've got this one)
3. Catch a fish on % of Lucky Tackle Box Lures
3a. 1st Box 100% (6 Lures, 3 Lures left to go.)
3b. 2nd Box 100% (6 Lures)
3c. 3rd Box 75% (4 Lures)
4. Catch a bass on the Salmo Bass Bug (Hold over from 2017)
5. Get my brother Steve and niece Devin properly outfitted.
6. Officially Open the Tackle Warehouse this year.
7. Catch a fish on the Sprinker Frog
8. Experiment with the Neko rig to see if it something for me.
9. Experiment with the Ned Rig to see if it's something for me.
1. Blog about anytime I reach a goal.
2. Record all fishing trips at Fish Swami
3. Fish at least 150 days and blog about them
1. Get Devin and Steve into some bullheads
2. Average 5 fish caught per hour. (3.99 in 2017, 4.08 in 2016, 3.62 in 2015, 3.55 in 2014, 4.41 in 2013, 4.31 in 2012, 2.77 in 2011)
3. Catch* 3,000 Fish
4. Put together a small monetary incentive deal with the nieces this summer.
1. Catch a new personal best. (Currently 14.25")
2. Catch* over 300 this year. (Caught 515 in 2017)
3. Get Steve into some silver bullheads.
4. Get Devin into some silver bullheads.
1. Win my 3rd Minnesota Bowfin Club Grand Championship
2. Catch a MN State Record fish. (11-4 or 35" x 20")
3. Catch a new personal best.
1. Catch* over 500 this year. (Caught 798 in 2017)
2. Catch a 38" or over/personal best.
3. Get Steve into some toothy bullheads
4. Get Devin into some toothy bullheads
1. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Largemouth
2. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Smallmouth
3. Catch* over 1,000 bass this year. (Caught 1,238 in 2017)
4. Catch* at least 25 smallies. (I caught 26 last year)
5. Catch a 25lb 6 Fish Bag
6. Get Steve into some jumpin' bullheads.
7. Get Devin into some jumpin' bullheads.
1. Catch at least 30. (Caught 40 in 2017)
2. Catch 30" or new personal best. (28.5 is current PB)
3. Get Steve into his first ever MN state fish.
* Catch is anything I deem it to be including follows by pike or smallmouth (while pre-fishing), a pike missing my lure, fish viewed on the Aqua View, and fish that get off before I have them in hand that I can positively identify.
A goal that I reached is in bold.