Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Stren Series Loss of Sponsorship: My Thoughts

In the FLW hierarchy of fishing trails the Stren Series, formerly the Everstart Series, is like a AA or AAA level of Professional Bass Fishing. Stren has now pulled out as the title sponsor and now the circuit will be title sponsorless and be called the American Fishing Series.

I can see why Stren would drop out as I don't think the sponsorship probably did much for fishing line sales.

I think the FLW people should aggressively seek out a beer, soft drink, or national fast food chain title sponsor for this trail. I think each one of those types of businesses could gain something by niche marketing to bass fanatics. I would say most fishermen use those products anyway and some well thought out sponsorship would tip the balance in their brands favor. It would work with me.

No comments: